Hepatic encephalopathy (HE) is a common reversible complication of advanced liver disease characterised by a spectrum of neuropsychiatric abnormalities. Due to its insidious onset, most patients only seek treatment once complications develop, resulting in it being an underdiagnosed and underestimated condition.
This EASL Studio episode, organised in collaboration with the International Society for Hepatic Encephalopathy and Nitrogen Metabolism (ISHEN), explores the patient journey and treatment options.
- Debbie Shawcross (Moderator)
- Christian Labenz (Faculty)
- Steve Rodrigues (Faculty)
- Dominique Thabut (Faculty)
This EASL Studio is supported by Norgine. EASL has received no input from Norgine with regards to the content of this programme.
- EASL Studio S2E7: JHEP Live on critical appraisal of classification, diagnosis and treatment of hepatic encephalopathy
ℹ️ Please click here to access the podcast version of this EASL Studio episode.