Community rules & etiquette
Thank you for being part of the EASL Campus Connect. This is a platform through which you can solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in ongoing conversations. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department.
- Keep it friendly: Every post should make a positive contribution. The Community is open to all points of view on the intended topics; mature, polite debate is encouraged. Attacks or cyber-bullying will not be tolerated.
- Keep it polite: All defamatory, derogatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- No promotional material: Community posts should not contain promotional material, special offers, job postings or offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services.
- No advertising: Refrain from posting commercial messages.
- Don’t overshare: Do not post personally identifiable information (PII) or protected health information (PHI) in the discussions (e.g., screenshots with PII/PHI).
- EASL reserves the right to reproduce the postings shared to the Community.
- Respect the copyright: Copyrighted materials should not be shared without permission from the publication or author. Links to original materials may be shared when attributed to the owner.
- Be honest, be yourself. The Community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between Members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful.
- To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate EASL membership and EASL Campus access for anyone who violates these rules.
The EASL Campus Connect allows you to connect, share and collaborate with the wider EASL Community. Through this platform you will be able react to and discuss content on EASL Campus. By joining groups and following topics, you will also be able to engage with other members of the community.
Groups are communities that users with similar interests can join and engage in discussions.
Topics allow users to discuss specific subjects or content within a group.
Posts are individual pieces of content shared by users, either on a specific resource or simply in their feed.
The EASL Community feed aggregates all the posts, comments, and reactions from the community. Here you can easily view and engage with content from users that you may not be directly connected to.
Your feed aggregates all the posts, comments, and reactions from the groups, content, and users that you follow.
To create a post, click on Post in the create menu. Write the message you wish to share. Before posting, choose whether you want your message to be public (visible to all those who visit the website) or just to the EASL Campus Connect (members who are logged in).
Please note that only selected EASL KOLs are able to create groups.
1. To create a group, click on Group in the create menu.
2. Choose the type of group you want to create:
- Public groups: These groups are visible to all persons visiting the website and users may join without approval.
- Open groups: These groups are visible open to members of the community and users may join without approval.
- Closed groups: These groups are accessible on invite only.
3. Once you’ve chosen the type of group you want, chose a title, write a description, and select an image that best represents your group.
- To create a topic click on Topic in the create menu.
- Chose a title, write the description, and select the group in which you want to post your topic.
- Visibility: Make your topic public if you want it to be visible to all users of the website. However, if you want only members of the community to be able to view it, make sure you select community.
- Finally, select the knowledge area that best describes your topic.
- You can edit your profile by clicking on your name at the top of the page.
- To edit the basic information in your profile, click on Edit Profile.
- If you wish to change your password or privacy settings, click on Settings.
When editing your profile be sure to check your privacy settings. You can choose whether you want to allow members of the community to follow your activity, mentions you in posts or even see your email.
- Allow members of the community from following my activity.
- Allow members of the community from mentioning me in posts.
- Allow members of the community from seeing my email address.
<p class="text-align-justify">Through private messaging you can communicate with other users (one-on-one or in small groups) in a discreet and direct way. If you want to change your notification settings for private messaging, you can do so in Settings by clicking on your name at the top of any page.</p>
Notifications inform you of updates or activities from EASL Campus Connect. When logged in, notifications can be consulted by clicking on the bell icon. Email notifications may be received when not logged in and their frequency can be adjusted in your settings.
Check your dashboard to keep an eye on your course progress, see which pages you have recently accessed, and look at all your achievements.
With the Gamification of EASL Campus, consulting different resource types earns you experience points (XP) and badges. Your achievements are a collection of all the badges and XP you have earned.
In case you see an inappropriate comment, you can report it to the EASL Campus Team.
To do so:
- Click on the little arrow on the top right corner of the comment section
- Select "Report"
- Choose the reason and click "Report"
The EASL Campus Team will ensure that all inappropriate behaviour will be punished.