People suffering from alcohol-related liver (ALD) disorders are subject to several forms of stigma. If not addressed, stigma may lead towards unfavourable health outcomes. This JHEP Live – based on a recent review – discusses:
- What forms of stigma do people suffering from ALD face?
- How does stigma affect them?
- What can be done about it?
ℹ️ Read this article for more information: G. Schomerus et al. The stigma of alcohol-related liver disease and its impact on healthcare Journal of Hepatology 2022 vol. 77 : 516–524
- Prof. Patrizia Burra (Moderator)
- Prof. Georg Schomerus (Moderator)
- Dr Patrizia Carrieri (Faculty)
- Prof. Philippe Mathurin (Faculty)
ℹ️ Please click here to access the podcast version of this EASL Studio episode.