You can start, leave and pick up where you left off at your own pace!
Course Credits:No CME credit
Assessment & Awards:
About this course
The liver is an organ particularly sensitive to lifestyles. The surge in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in the last decades is a paramount example of this sensitivity. During the International Liver Congress™ 2021, the Postgraduate Course (PGC) covered how unhealthy lifestyles affect the liver and how behavioural intervention such as regular physical activity and nutritional changes can mitigate liver diseases.
We provided updates on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, as well as on alcohol-related liver disease. Because the misuse of over-the-counter analgesics and herbal and dietary supplement products, including illicit hormonal compounds, is an emerging cause of liver disease worldwide, it is a growing source of concern. This postgraduate course addresses the potential harm of unsupervised use of drugs and other non-prescribed agents.
We hope you will enjoy this course and that you will find it informative and useful for your hepatology practice.
Benefits for learners
- Latest evidence-based clinical recommendations
- Continued professional development and learning
- Recognise the importance of lifestyle in the development of major liver diseases and liver-related mortality
- Understand the importance of dietary regulation in the management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Balance the impact of lifestyle management, drug therapy, and bariatric approaches to the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Promote the practice of physical exercise in patients with liver disease
- Understand how to manage alcohol-related liver diseases and alcohol use disorder
- Recognise the hepatotoxicity risks associated with non-conventional medicines and over-the-counter remedies
- Dieticians & nutritionists with interest in liver disease management
Release date: October 2021
- Take the Pre Knowledge Quiz.
- Once the Pre Knowledge Quiz is completed, you will have access to the seven sessions of the Postgraduate Course 2021.
- After completing all the activities in each of the sessions, you will have access to the Post Knowledge Quiz. You must pass this to complete the course.
- Once you pass the Post Knowledge Quiz, you will need to provide feedback by taking the survey in order to unlock your certificate.
The course is available through desktop and mobile devices on all internet browsers (e.g. Safari, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox). You can also take this course using the Moodle app, please follow the below instructions if you are running the app for the first time. If you have already access the EASL Campus via the Moodle app, just go to step 5:
- Download the free Moodle app from your favourite application store.
- Launch the app and under "Your site" enter: easlcampus.eu/courses.
- Choose "Log in using your account on: EASL".
- Enter the credentials of your MyEASL account. If you do not have an account yet, please create one for free here.
- Click on the three dots icon at the bottom right corner of your screen and select "Scan QR Code".
- Scan the below QR code to access this course:
- Start the course.
Completing this course will grant you with an EASL "Certificate of Completion" as well as experience points to collect the topic-related and bookworm badges.